I am goint to be crazy

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Mon Nov 11 12:04:22 PST 2002

I'm trying to get my printer working in my LFS 3.3 system...

I've installed, CUPS, Ghostscript, Foomatic and so on!

Well, by going into http://localhost::631 I got the possibility to
configure my printing system....

But : It's no so easy....for all configure commands it request for :

Enter username and password for CUPS at localhost:631 and this in a
dialog-box with two edit windows....
I've put in there 255 user names an their passwords but for no one it
agrees....
It doen't like root, user, lp, ....

Also, it is a command "lppaswd" this also request for a new pasword,
well every password I've entered is bad. "it says tha the password
should be longuer than 6 chars wit no name on it but
the pass "bullshit' is not accepted (and no one else)

Any ideas ?

Horacio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org