Problems with GNU screen

Ainsley Pereira marble at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 11 11:06:53 PST 2002

In message <20021110224734.GA25880 at 233an>
          Henrik Jacobsson <henrik.jacobsson.1245 at student.uu.se> wittered:

> Installation went fine and all, but I can't get the applications to load
>  their rc-files at startup when inside the Screen-environment.
> Bash forgets it's aliases and show me no colours, links have the default
>  configuration, not the one in the '.links'-directory etc.
>
> This is on LFS-3.3
> Screen version 3.09.13
>
> Anyone have tried Screen and know a way to solve this?

screen works OK for me, (3.09.11 - but I'll upgrade soon now that you've
reminded me...).

Check your .bashrc file and man bash.
My .bashrc is:

. /etc/profile
export CVS_RSH=ssh

(The first line is the relevant one for you.)

  / Ainsley 'Marble' Pereira / http://www.snowplains.org /
 / Don't drink and drive.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org