Stupid move of the night

Jamie Norwood mistwolf at mushhaven.net
Sun Nov 10 19:46:18 PST 2002

So, upon reaslising that my directories did not create 755, I decided I
needed to fix them the quick, east way. A 'chmod -R 755 /' later, and I
am a bit, well, hosed.

I fixed su and ssh, but the rest of the system is sill like that. Any
suggestions on the best way to approach fixing things? I am mostly
worried about what programs should have the suid bit set, actual
permissions are likely OK beyond that, with a bit of looking around.

Advice?

Jamie

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org