renice X

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 10 19:36:12 PST 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:29:32 -0500
James Drabb <JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:22:57 -0600
> Bruce Dubbs <bdubbs at swbell.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure that X is your problem.  It may be your window manager
> > or some other intermediate program.  Instead, why don't you set your
> > compiles to run at a lower priority,
> > i.e.
> >   -- Bruce

I think I found the problem.  I am finishing up a full LFS 4.0 install
with all the bells and whistles (gnome,mplayer,etc).  I formated a
temporary partition with a boot cd that did not support reiserfs or ext3
so I made the partiton ext2.  I can't believe how the systems overall
performance with ext2 is _so_ much slower then reiserfs.  I should be
done with my LFS 4.0 soon and will copy it to it's final resting place
on a reiserfs partion.

Thanks,

Jim Drabb
James Drabb JR