Problems with GNU screen

Henrik Jacobsson henrik.jacobsson.1245 at student.uu.se
Sun Nov 10 14:47:34 PST 2002

Hi all.

I have a problem with the configuration of Screen - the displaymultiplexer.

Installation went fine and all, but I can't get the applications to load
 their rc-files at startup when inside the Screen-environment.
Bash forgets it's aliases and show me no colours, links have the default
 configuration, not the one in the '.links'-directory etc.

This is on LFS-3.3
Screen version 3.09.13

Anyone have tried Screen and know a way to solve this?

(a quick'n dirty solution i came up with is to write some shell-scripts
 that passes parameters to the executables, and instead of calling the
 executable, I call the script. But there must be a neater way of doing it)

TIA
/Hj
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org