CUPS Printing problem

Matt Rogers mattrogers at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 10 10:56:22 PST 2002

On Saturday 09 November 2002 06:03 pm, R. Bosch wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2002 15:57:59 -0600  Mister Matt just wrote the following:
> > Hope this helps,
> > Matt
>
> Well, I have a Canon BJC2000 on the parport. I use ony cups (No ghost
> haunting on my PC ;-) ) with Gimp-print. Both on /usr excerp for
> systemwide information, that goes in /etc. I edited cupsd.conf to let me
> configure my printer without password, which works fine. Until I try to
> print... I did tried a development version of gim-print, but that made
> no difference.
>
> Can someone tell me what ghostscript is good for? Is it mandatory?
>
> --
>
> Remy
>

> Open(source) your mind, and see real freedom!
> Close(dsource) your mind and be in a prisson.
>
> Just my ¤0.02
Ghostscript is good for viewing Postscript and also PDF files without having
to install Adobe's Linux version of Acrobat (which only comes in a binary
package)

For CUPS, their version of Ghostscript is mandantory. You can find it at
www.cups.org. I haven't dug through the documentation enough recently to be
able to tell you exactly why CUPS uses postscript, but i'm pretty sure that
if you search through the documentation you'll find a reason why.

Matt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org