Where next?

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Sat Nov 9 22:10:02 PST 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 22:26, Richard Pinnell wrote:
> Ok I've been using Linux for a few years now tried all
> the distros... and now LFS it's taken me over a month
> to get everything installed, mozilla kde 3.1 (beta)
> java etc and I'm pretty chuffed.  Yea it's the best
> one yet!  but How do I upgrade? the truth is I've
> compiled so much stuff I can't remember what I've
> done. I certainly don't want to compile it all again.
> So what do I do when LFS 5 comes out.  Or how can
> upgrade easily?
> Thanks to everyone on this list for the help
> Richard

Welcome to your new baby blue habit... Source tarballs and
freshmeat.net.  Now you have hours of enjoyment to look forward to,
upgrading each package as it the authors come up with new and more
exciting namespace collisions for the linker cache, and vibrant and
imaginative ways to generate circular and interlocking dependencies.

;)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org