sane + alsa

Robert Bracewell robert_bracewell at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 09:20:20 PST 2002

I have a parallel port scanner which after installing
Sane all works but as a result my sound no longer
works.

In order to get parallel scanner support to work I had
to patch the kernal as instructed by the Sane FAQ but
after re-building the kernel alsa can no longer find
any sound devices.

Has anyone any pointers?
If I rollback to prior the Sane patch then all is well
and sound works.

Meanwhile I will trawl the Sane archives and maybe
even install the kernel driver for my sound card and
see if I have the same problem.

--
RoB