XWindows

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 9 07:09:21 PST 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:45:11AM +0100, Carlo Borelli wrote:
> I've followed all BLFS instructions, compiled X with sawfish, mozilla,
> etc. It run fine.
> Why I can't get every window header movable and resizable ?
> Every program running in a window has fixed size without opportunity of
> iconize or raise.
> TIA for suggestions

X is responsible for displaying programs in windows, so if it's visible,
X is preforming correctly.  _Everything_ surrounding the window is the
window manager's (wm) responsibility.  I don't recall any of the wm's
not moving the window by click-dragging the title bar, but they each
have slightly different ways to resize the window.  They also have
different default buttons displayed, although each has full ranges of
choices for the buttons.

As a wild guess, you may also need to make sure your mouse is working as
expected - right button is really right buttion, middle button works or
is emulated properly.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org