XWindows

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Nov 9 06:10:58 PST 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:45:11AM +0100, Carlo Borelli wrote:
> I've followed all BLFS instructions, compiled X with sawfish, mozilla,
> etc. It run fine.
> Why I can't get every window header movable and resizable ?
> Every program running in a window has fixed size without opportunity of
> iconize or raise.
> TIA for suggestions

Are you using gnome2 with sawfish-2.0?  From my experience, sawfish-2.x
is _very_ buggy.  I use metacity as the window manager for gnome2 and it
is much nicer.  You can search freshmet.net for metacity to download it.
If you install metacity, to switch from sawfish to metacity and make it
your default wm, try this, open an xterm/gnome-term and type:

killall sawfish; sleep 3; metacity &

Jim Drabb
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst