KDE & xhost

Paul Sprakes paul at sprakes.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 10:54:18 PST 2002

On Friday 08 November 2002 09:50, Simon Geard wrote:
> That should allow all connections from localhost, while rejecting
> anything else. I have it in my .xinitrc file, so that I can run x apps
> when su-d to root.
>
> Simon.

Hmm, I didn't have this file in my home dir so I created it and made sure it
was executable. It didn't work :( I exported a test variable in .xinitrc but
doesn't appear after I have logged in so I assume it's not being called.

Do you know where this file is called from, so I can check there. I've looked
through every X setup file I can find (and there's lots of 'em) but cannot
find a refernce to it.

Thanks, Paul
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org