downloading cvs files

Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Fri Nov 8 09:58:10 PST 2002

Hallo,
I have installed cvs and I went through the documentation, more or less.
However: how can I get the adresses where to download files with the help of
cvs ?
Just an example: David Skoll's hint for roaring penguins "Kernel Mode PPPOE"
tells me to get the PPP software from the CVS repository at cvs.samba.org and
gives the instruction
cvs -d:pserver:cvs at pserver.samba.org:/cvsroot login
OK. That works fine.
How can I proceed, as an exmple, if I would like to download mozilla-1.0.1 ?
The hint on beyond linux from scratch gives only http and ftp locations. But
my question is a general one.
Thanks in advance,
Edgar

--