GCC Segmentation Fault ?

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Fri Nov 8 07:49:27 PST 2002

Was it Arnaud Boissinot who wrote on Friday 08 November 2002 11:50:
> While compiling KDE 3.0.2, I get the following error on every package,
> i have to do make again and it happpens again later than the first time,
>                 make again and it happpens again later than the second time

> messagewin.cpp:261: internal error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
>
> Can anybody help me ? What is the problem ?

I would agree with the best guess of memory error - try
http://www.memtest86.org for a tester and check your BIOS settings for access
time etc. Slow down if you're overclocking.

Was it liberiotux who wrote on Friday 08 November 2002 12:18:
I've been this pb too with kde... I don't why I have this problem. I don't
know if my solution is good but when I've thi type of error, I restart the
make (the build only and not the ./configure).When I do that, the
compilator restart the compilation on the file in where he stop for the
errors (exuse my english...). And for me, with this solution, I've KDE
successfully compiled..

This IS a hardware memory fault. I've got the dud simm in my drawer to prove
it. It's amazing how well things work with dud memory in it - until you try
compiling!

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Without the optimist, the pessimist wouldn't know how happy he isn't

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org