GCC Segmentation Fault ?

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Fri Nov 8 06:26:29 PST 2002

On Friday 08 November 2002 11:50, you wrote:
> While compiling KDE 3.0.2, I get the following error on every package,
> i have to do make again and it happpens again later than the first time,
>                 make again and it happpens again later than the second time

I have seen this too.  It happened when I had overclocked my cpu, it seems the
gcc is a very good memory test, and will cause fails due to close timing
tolerance.  One way forward, which worked for me, is to reduce the clock rate
on your cpu in the bios by, say, 10% and see if that makes the compile run
longer.  As other have said faster memory may be the real solution.
--
Cheers, Richard.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org