festival-1.4.2

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Fri Nov 8 02:15:25 PST 2002

[08.11.2002] Michenaud Laurent <-- :

> > Has anyone managed to successfully install festival-1.4.2??

no, did neither hear about it nor (obviously) need it then ..

> > It gives an error about termcap not found, is there a how-to on setting
> > up  termcap on lfs-4.0.
>
> same thing for me....
> If anyone could help us :)

You could try this (which I used as a termcap fallback experiment
and it worked):

- unpack your ncurses package
- in subdir misc/ you find a file terminfo.src
- copy this to be /etc/termcap
  maybe you need a different location, somewhere in festival configure
  there should be a line saying where it is searched

You might want to edit it and take out all the old stuff which you
do not need (search for "OBSOLETE" or start at splitting line "CAN
BE SPLIT HERE" and work towards the end). If done with that you
can take out all comments (# lines). When deleting, do not delete
entries which are mentioned in one of your entries with use=,
example:

ansi+local1, <-- don't delete this if
ansi+local,  <-- this entry
..., use=ansi+local1, <-- wants this one

Hope this helps.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org