Building wvstreams 3.70

Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel maripalda at elasa.siemens.es
Fri Nov 8 00:23:35 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to build wvstreams 3.70 on a LFS-3.0 box. First of all I compiled
and builded openssl-0.9.6g (/usr/local/ssl), and now I try to 'make'
wvstreams... it told me that it couldn't find the blowfish.h and other
includes, but solved it modifying the $WVSTREAMS_SRC/src/crypto/Makefile.
Now I get the following message:
----------- Output copied -----------
--> Making all in /usr/src/wvstreams/src/crypto...
g++ $_R_CXXFLAGS -c wvcrypto.cc
g++ $_R_CXXFLAGS -c wvsslstream.cc
g++ $_R_CXXFLAGS -c wvx509.cc
rm -f crypto.libs
echo wvcrypto.o wvsslstream.o wvx509.o >crypto.libs
rm -f libwvutils.a
ar q libwvutils.a utils/utils.libs
ranlib libwvutils.a
g++ -Wl,-soname,libwvutils.so.3.7 -shared -o libwvutils.so utils/utils.libs
-lz -lcrypto
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libwvutils.so] Error 1
make: *** [src] Error 2
----------- Output copied -----------

I supposed that it couldn't find the libcrypto.a library; but it is
installed at /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a and that file is included in
$WVSTREAMS_SRC/src/crypto/Makefile

What do I have to change in that Makefile?

Tahnks in advance, and best regards,

Miguel Ángel Ripalda Marín
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org