CUPS Printing problem

l0v3ris at beyondnormal.org l0v3ris at beyondnormal.org
Thu Nov 7 18:38:11 PST 2002

I am going crazy here, probably overlooking something... I have an Epson
Stylus Color 660, and have compiled cups according to the docs that come
with cups... (in /usr/share/doc/cups)  I have added my printer with:

lpadmin -p ThePrinter -v parallel:/dev/lp0 -P /usr/share/cups/model/stcolor.ppd

then I enabled the printer and told it to accept jobs.  lpq tells me the
printer is ready, when i use lp it gives me a request id number. If I
use lpr it adds the job to the queue... (Or at least I assume so
because when I check /var/spool/cups i have a job there waiting...) but
nothing is printed.  What am I doing wrong here?

--Mike

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org