Programming in Linux

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 7 13:56:54 PST 2002

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 15:16:14 -0700
Reboant <reboant at screaminet.com> wrote:

> I've never learned to program but really want to learn C and/or
> C++.I've looked all over the web for the documentation but all I can
> find is win32 crap.
>  Does anyone know of introductory level tutorials or docs that where
> written just for linux?Not only do I want to build specific apps to my
>
> needs but also help with those that already out there but in desperate
>
> need of help.
>  The truth is,my hate for M$ is so strong that I think I can make a
> difference (and will one way or another)and I refuse to learn anything
>
> that company has put out.I don't have a lot of money so going out and
> buying a book is almost impossible.If anyone can help then *Please*
> do.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> message

Do you live in the USA?  If so, I have a few c\c++ programming books I
can mail to you.  Here are a few links that I could find:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/bwk-tutor.html
http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave/C/CE.html
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/cclass.html
http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html
http://www.strath.ac.uk/IT/Docs/Ccourse/

Also, do some hard core searches on google for things like c programming
tutorial, unix c programming tutorial, etc.  Most c\c++ turorials are
basic and are not specific to an os. So they should work on any os with
a c compiler.

Jim Drabb

James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst