Clock

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Nov 7 07:17:12 PST 2002

> It means that my clock loses/gains about 100sec every day.

While bad, that's not the worst I've heard of.  An alarm company uses
and old box running DOS to sync with alarm control pannels in stores.  I
found out that that machine drifts by nearly 15 minutes a day!

Heh, our company even offered to buy them one of those hardware clocks
that hooks up to the serial port and gets the time from the airwaves but
they must just like resetting the clock every day by hand  :(.  And
wwe're left with reports that can not be reconciled against reports from
timeclocks, etc...
</rant>

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org