Gnome 2 Menus

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 6 18:58:45 PST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 14:19, Andy Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to work out hot to add new entries
> to the Gnome2 menus from the command line.

vi works pretty well for me.  See below.

> I script most of my LFS build so it is repeatable
> and would like to be able to script the adding
> of menu items for apps like Mozilla,Xmms etc.

Easy stuff.  Incidentally, I'm now abandoning the use of xmms over
here.  Rhythmbox rocks my socks.

> I assume it is possible as gnome-terminal etc
> manage it when they install.
>
> Can anyone point to basic instructions to this.
>
> On top of this it would be great if you could add
> panel etc from the command line?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help / pointers

Look in /usr/share/applications.  The implications should be painfully
obvious.  It'll read Gnome-1.4.x files from /usr/share/gnome/apps as
well, but /usr/share/applications is where anything related to Gnome
2.0.x should go.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org