Glib-2.0.7 & Gtk+-2.0.7 EVIL!

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 6 19:18:52 PST 2002

I'm still digging, but before anyone gets the bright idea, it appears
that something may be pretty torched with the new 2.0.7 versions of glib
and/or gtk+ because they managed to turn my desktop into a completely
unstable piece of crap.  Uninstalling them and slapping the 2.0.6
packages back into place fixed things in short order.

My first thought was that possibly there was something that needed to be
recompiled, so I queued up the compile monster and let it run through
rebuilding everything from glib to gnome-utils and got the same awful
mess (with the extra befeit of watching Nautilus do a whac-a-mole
impression), so that shot that theory.  The symptoms were pretty weird,
with metacity actually dying every now and then (every 25 or so window
spawned seemed to kill it), but most obviously, selecting the
gnome-panel Applications menu, and then Internet, would _kill_ the panel
before it had even managed to completely fill in the sub-panel.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has the same problems, but
yer now on notice that the 2.0.7 versions may screw things up.

--
Dagmar d'Surreal <dagmar at speakeasy.net>
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org