Boot splash

Paul Sprakes paul at sprakes.co.uk
Wed Nov 6 15:10:49 PST 2002

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 22:53, Rui Ferreira wrote:
> From: Paul Sprakes <paul at sprakes.co.uk>
> >I'm a bit wary to install this. It seems to be distro dependent, and the
> >latest distro it has is redhat 7.2.b. Have you succesfully got it going/
> > am I
> >being paranoid?
>
> No, I haven't. I just have this in my 'Things I would like to do/have'
> list. I'm a newbie to linux and 'I'm just here to play...'.
> From what I read from it's docs you can make your own 'Monitor' i.e.
> bitmaps, icons, messages, etc..., and edit you initscripts to signal the
> 'Monitor' of what's happening.
> It looks simple and I like the layout and I always suggest it to anyone
> asking this kind of question.

I typed "make install" and my finger was hovering over the enter key, but I
chickened out in the end :-) You tend to cherish the OS a bit more when
you've devoted loads of time getting it "just right".

I'll wait 'till the weekend and give it a try (when I will get the chance to
make a full backup first). Then i'll report back here.

Thanks, Paul
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org