Boot splash

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:53:05 PST 2002

>From: Paul Sprakes <paul at sprakes.co.uk>
>To: blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
>Subject: Re: Boot splash
>Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:54:52 +0000
>
>The url which tucows lists seems to be out of date, but I found a new one
>at:
>http://redhog.org/Projects/Programming/Current/Aurora/

Wow, great. I thought the project was dead.

>I'm a bit wary to install this. It seems to be distro dependent, and the
>latest distro it has is redhat 7.2.b. Have you succesfully got it going/ am
>being paranoid?

No, I haven't. I just have this in my 'Things I would like to do/have' list.
I'm a newbie to linux and 'I'm just here to play...'.
>From what I read from it's docs you can make your own 'Monitor' i.e.
bitmaps, icons, messages, etc..., and edit you initscripts to signal the
'Monitor' of what's happening.
It looks simple and I like the layout and I always suggest it to anyone
asking this kind of question.