HPT 370 probs

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Tue Nov 5 20:41:13 PST 2002

Hey guys! I've got a Highpoint 370 RAID chip on my motherboard, and I've got a
13 gig hard drive on it (ATA 33).  FreeBSD and Windows use the disk
perfectly, but I cannot write (and often can't read from) the disk. I noticed
the following lines:

Nov  5 23:33:29 localhost kernel: ide2: reset timed-out, status=0xff
Nov  5 23:33:29 localhost kernel: hde: status timeout: status=0xff { Busy }
Nov  5 23:33:29 localhost kernel: hde: drive not ready for command

Any ideas? I checked to make sure that I did compile the highpoint driver.
Thanks!
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org