GNOME-PRINT not found

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 5 20:19:22 PST 2002

(let's try this again)

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 16:05, dildir at wanadoo.fr wrote:
> Thanks for the hints but that was not it.  I have installed these
> packages (libgnomeprint again) but this made no difference.
>
> In config.log I find:
> <snip>
> configure:2747: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused    -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include  conftest.c   1>&5
> configure:2740: libgnomeprint/gnome-print.h: No such file or directory
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 2737 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <libgnomeprint/gnome-print.h>
>
> int main() {
>  return 0;
> ; return 0;
> <snip>
>
> I have found 2 copies in the file in:
> /opt/gnome2/include/gnome-1.0/libgnomeprint/gnome-print.h
> /opt/gnome2/include/libgnome-2.0/libgnomeprint/gnome-print.h
>
> I suspect this gnome/gnome2 thing messing it up.  Is that possible?
> How is gnome-config supposed to know about print?

By printConf.sh, which should be in whatever passes for libdir on your
system.  The first header you list _could_ be the right one, excepting
that if it is, it was installed in the _wrong_ prefix, since gnome-print
0.37 is a Gnome 1.x application, not Gnome 2.x.  ...and to make
_certain_ you get the point, I'll say again, you need gnome-print 0.37,
NOT the gnome-2 print packages, judging by the makefile output you
posted.

Obligatory comment that things would be magnitudes easier if the dratted
Gnome section adhered to FHS.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org