CD writer (Was: Back Up Your Data - CD Burner Promotion)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Nov 4 14:23:21 PST 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 23:08:32 +0100
"Christian Lescuyer" <cl at l-improviste.com> wrote:

> Very interesting.
> I don't much like having all this otherwise unnecessary SCSI stuff in
> my kernel (compiling it as a module doesn't work).

Why?

ATAPI is merely SCSI commands (well, a significant subset) over the IDE
bus.

its as real a SCSI system as etherSCSI or firewire. it just coexists
with another protocol on the same wire.

and compiling ide-scsi as a module DOES work. I have done it for every
kerenel I ever used (starting way back in 2.2 for X86 and 2.0 on ARM).
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org