CD writer (Was: Back Up Your Data - CD Burner Promotion)

Csaba Henk ekho at renyi.hu
Mon Nov 4 08:37:53 PST 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Christian Lescuyer wrote:

> I found it most difficult to get the SCSI emulation to work. It took half a
> dozen kernel compilations to find the correct options combination (the
> README refers to an older version of the kernel. Options names have
> changed.)

 For SCSI emulation, I used the settings proposed in the BLFS-book and it
 worked. By the way, see the following citation from an lfs-chat mail:

# From: Oliver Brakmann <obrakmann at gmx.net>
# Subject: new cdrecord
# Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:43:13 +0200
#
# Hi group,
#
# look what I found in yesterday's freshmeat newsletter. Linus himself
# patched cdrecord to make it work with ATAPI cdroms without the IDE-SCSI
# translation stuff. I have yet to check it out.

Csaba

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org