CD writer (Was: Back Up Your Data - CD Burner Promotion)

Christian Lescuyer cl at l-improviste.com
Mon Nov 4 07:21:34 PST 2002

> complete with CD Burning Software out of the box!

I'd be astonished to find a CDR with Linux ready software !

Anyway, I successfully installed cdrecord (now cdrtools) 1.10 with an old
Sony CRX100E on my LFS 3.3.

I found it most difficult to get the SCSI emulation to work. It took half a
dozen kernel compilations to find the correct options combination (the
README refers to an older version of the kernel. Options names have
changed.)

Also Jörg Schilling, the author, has peculiar notions of where things should
go and what is "good" (GNU make is "not good").
That's not too bad, you just have to hack the Gmake.linux and Defaults.linux
files.

Christian

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org