fontconfig mess

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 3 16:46:56 PST 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 07:48, James Drabb wrote:
> I got the whole mess to compile.  I rm -Rf /usr/X11R6 and followed
> the hint for xfree86+freetype and then followed tush's docbook hint.
> My first attempt failed because I forgot to download docbook patches
> from tush's site : )  I also had problems with pango until I realized
> that the pagno code was using #include <freetype/freetype.h> and
> the gcc invocation for pango was doing -I/usr/include/freetype2 however
> I have freetype-1 and freetype-2 installed and gcc was pulling in
> <freetype/freetype.h> from /usr/include/freetype which is freetype-1.
> I did a mv /usr/include/freetype /usr/include/freetyp1 and pango then
> grabbed the correct freetype2 and compiled fine.

Whoa there... That should simply _not_ be happening.  I'm *guessing* you
didn't make any symlinks for freetype-1 in /usr/include (which is
_good_... don't do that) so either something is wrong with your compiler
or you've done something else that was causing -I/usr/include (the
prefix for freetype-1's header files) to be added to the makefile
invocations... You might wish to look into that and quash the root of
the problem before things start becoming "interesting" on your box.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org