USB mouse under X

David C david at desolateonline.com
Sun Nov 3 13:19:15 PST 2002

On Sunday 03 November 2002 10:14 am, you wrote:

> I would try changing the protocol setting to "Auto" or "usb" and see
> if one of those fixes your problem.  Also check out
> http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/mouse.html for some more info on mice
> with X.
>
> Matt

Actually I mis-titled this post. My mouse doesn't work under the console
via GPM either, not just X. Basically all I can get the mouse to do is
give the kernel message when you plug it in (the one that means it was
recognized). As for moving the pointer or buttons working, nada.

--
David C.
Linux user #277013

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org