USB problems with 2.4.19 kernel please help

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Sun Nov 3 11:37:57 PST 2002

Hello and thank you for reading this. My USB keyboard and mouse works fine
with kernel 2.4.18 using the following parameters.

input core support
mouse support compiled in
keyboard support compiled in
 under USB support I have UHCI alternate driver compiled in
it says UHCI alternate driver JE support

Under USB human interface devices I have USB human interface device
compiled in

I have a node as /dev/input/mice c 13 63
My mouse works fine under X
when i try to use these exact same settings using the 2.4.19 kernel
supplied with the newer LFS releases everything is dead. when i get to the
login prompt I can't type anything.

Any Ideas on what they may have changed between the two releases? also where
can I get a more updated kernel? I know a lot of you people use kernels
that are something like 2.4.19-3 that are more recent. where can I find
these? My only resource is www.kernel.org and they only supply the original
release IE no -2 or -3 releases.

thank you for any info you may have.
Steven