error compiling X

David C david at desolateonline.com
Sat Nov 2 17:08:33 PST 2002

On Saturday 02 November 2002 05:55 pm, you wrote:

> I used bison from the LFS 4.0 book and all is well.  I am not sure
> of the bison syntax since I never used bison.  However don't confuse
> it with C.
>
> Jim Drabb

Yep, looks like bison-1.35 from the LFS 4.0 book did the trick just as
you said. I finally got X compiled and installed with no errors. I
haven't got much into the config yet, but I did get the test screen to
come up. Computer froze though, not even ctrl alt backspace or ctrl alt
delete would help. That happened last time though iirc, until I
finished the configs and stuff.

Been wrestling with this all day, time to take a nap. I'll finish it up
later this evening.

Thanks very much for your help!

--
David C.