xterm and .Xdefaults

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Nov 2 16:12:26 PST 2002

Hello group,

I am having some weird problems with xterm and .Xdefaults.  I have used
the same .Xdefaults for ages now and it has worked well.  With the LFS
4.0 and gnome2 build I finished today however, it is doing nothing.
Is there a way to tell X to re-read the .Xdeafaults file without
restarting X.

I have tried plaing with my .Xdefaults file but to no avail.  I don't
know why it has no effect now, when I have used it for two years.  I
have cut it down to just these two lines:

XTerm*background:       black
XTerm*foreground:       grey

When I start xterm these two settings don't take effect.

Any help?

Jim Drabb
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst