error compiling X

David C david at desolateonline.com
Sat Nov 2 11:36:27 PST 2002

On Saturday 02 November 2002 01:03 pm, you wrote:

> This makes me think there's some error in the way gcc is parsing
> things, or some other error in my system. Can anyone shed some light
> on this mess?
>
> For now I guess I'll go ahead and 'fix' this file as well. Sigh...

Sigh, got another one:

depending in programs/xkbcomp...
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xc/programs/xkbcomp'
bison -y  xkbparse.y
xkbparse.y:452.3: parse error, unexpected "|"
xkbparse.y:515.3: parse error, unexpected "|"
make[3]: *** [xkbparse.c] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc/programs/xkbcomp'
make[2]: *** [depend] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc/programs'
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc'
make: *** [World] Error 2

Something is definately wrong with my system. Else I got a corrupted
download or something. I wonder if reinstalling gcc might help?
--
David C.
Linux user #277013

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org