you've got mail

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Sat Nov 2 10:08:52 PST 2002

[02.11.2002] James Drabb <-- :
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 09:32:36AM +0100, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> > [02.11.2002] Erika Pacholleck <-- :
> > > [01.11.2002] James Drabb <-- :

> > > Did you logout and login again? It should be gone then.
> >
> > Make sure bash does not have any mail information:
> >
> > unset MAIL MAILPATH    # has precedence over MAILCHECK
> > export MAILCHECK="-1"  # anything <= zero
> >
> I made the changes in login.defs but still have MAIL defined.  Does
> mutt need those shell variables?

no, you can set this in muttrc, relevant parts are:

# task: were mail arrives on your system
#       if not set will become value of MAIL
# note: env variable is MAIL
set spoolfile="/var/mail/<my_username>"

# task: top level dir for own mail directories
# note:	can later be abreviated with "+" or "="
# note: must be known before first abreviation is used
set folder="~/Mail"

I have it set this way.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org