fontconfig mess

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sat Nov 2 02:23:44 PST 2002

James Drabb wrote:

> Hey group,
>
> Has anyone had problems with fontconfig?  I just installed X-4.2.1
> last night
> and then tried to install gnome-2.x using the cvsgnome script.  This
> script
> has worked many times before, however it is crapping out now.  I had a
> royal
> pain in the arse to get fontconfig to install.  When I untarred the
> fontconfig
> tarball there are a few directories.  I managed to get fontconfig,
> Xrender, and
> Xft to install.  However, Xft1 won't build for me : (  Now cvsgnome

Yes, fontconfig gave me quite a lot of difficulty when I tried
installing it earlier this week - had to make a number of changes to the
build stuff to get it to work. I haven't tried pango and co yet though -
being on a 56k line, I'm going to wait until the official release of
gnome 2.1, whenever that is...

Simon.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org