you've got mail

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Sat Nov 2 02:39:53 PST 2002

Was it James Drabb who wrote on Saturday 02 November 2002 00:30:
> Hey group,
>
> How do I get rid of the the annoying "you've got mail" message?
>
> /files/tar/gnome
> root# cd /opt/
> You have mail in /root/mail

There are/were system variables hidden somewhere which deal with mail
notification for users, and for the system to root. Don't ask me where,
though :-( . I remember setting them up with some of these interactive system
controls (Yast? That will have been some time back). Maybe /etc/something??

Maybe even /etc/login.defs?
--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Without the optimist, the pessimist wouldn't know how happy he isn't

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org