ORBit installation error

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 1 07:36:55 PST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:24:34AM -0500, Mason Staugler wrote:
> I'm in the middle of installing GNOME and I'm stuck on the ORBit
> package. I'm using the directions from the book:

> ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome &&
> make &&
> make install
>
> It returns this error while configuring: "Package linc was not found in
> the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory
> containing 'linc.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable."
>
> The path to linc.pc is: /opt/gnome2/lib/pkgconfig/linc.pc and I do have
> /opt/gnome2/lib/pkgconfig in my PKG_CONFIG_PATH in ~/.bash_profile...so
> I don't know what's going on.
>

> Mason

Every library installation page has a configuration paragraph which
simple states that you should run ldconfig after installing the library.
Almost all installation scripts include this so it is easily skipped
without problems. DO NOT SKIP this step after linc, or ORBit will give
this message.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org