MTRR doesn't work

Marc Heerdink marc at koelkast.net
Wed Oct 31 13:02:05 PST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:46:41 +0000, Chris Lingard <chris at stockwith.co.uk> muttered:
> Marc Heerdink wrote:
>

> > So what would be the deal with that? I've both /proc/mtrr and
> > /usr/include/asm/mtrr.h.. :?
> >

> Hello Marc
> If you have the header and are setting the MTRR in the kernel
> configuration; then that kernel should "detected mtrr type: AMD K6" on
> boot
> up.  Is this the case?

The mandrake sys has /proc/mtrr, but you suggust there will probably no mtrr.h header in Mandrake. I don't see the relation you're suggesting (eg if you have /proc/mtrr, you prolly don't have mtrr.h and vice versa) because I have both. And they have to be present (both of them) because it won't work otherwise. I think there has been some misunderstanding on your side.. ;)

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc at koelkast.net
http://www.koelkast.net/