telnet client

Chris Jensen christopher.jensen at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Wed Oct 31 03:34:36 PST 2001

> > ssh
>
> Not necessarily what's wanted. By all means, use ssh for remote shell
> logins. But the telnet program is also very handy for emulating a lot of
> net protocols (esp. http) because it can send and receive plain text on any
> port. We use it at work for this purpose, to verify whether various daemons
> are running correctly.

You hit the nail right on the head. I already have ssh installed for remote
login to all my machines, but I'm trying to configure and use vls from
videoloan, and as it's still very early in development, the only interface
available so far is telnet.

--
Chris Jensen
dr_spirograph at technologist.com

Public Key: http://flame.newcastle.edu.au/~c9905390/

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org