Enlightenment troubles

Marc Heerdink marc at koelkast.net
Tue Oct 30 12:20:41 PST 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:19:29 -0500, "J.A. Neitzel" <jan.listbox at belvento.org> muttered:
> Marc Heerdink wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:45:02 +0100, "Øyvind Jakobsen"
> <xenios at chello.no>
> > muttered:
> >> /convert: No such file or directory
> >> /convert: No such file or directory
> >> /anytopnm: No such file or directory
>
> <snip />
>
> > The "convert" messages are caused by a missing ImageMagick (search
> fmII). The
> > other messages may indicate that imlib didn't link (correctly) to
> libjpeg. You
> > _did_ install libjpeg right? ;)
>
> I don't think ImageMagick is required. At least, it was not required
> to run E16 . Perhaps ImageMagick _is_ required for E17, but I cannot
> say.

required is a big word. ImageMagick isn't required for E16 to run, but it's used when it's there. BTW, actually it's imlib that tries to use convert, not E16. If imlib is explicitly told not to use ImageMagick, these harmless messages may go away. I just do it the easy way, I install ImageMagick. It's quite a good program as well :D