dependencies error with NVidia driver !!

Luqman Munawar Luqman.m at web.de
Tue Oct 30 12:02:35 PST 2001

thanx guys.. it is working now and it is great.
Actually, I am working in lfs but wanted to configure the video card driver on my host system, aswell.

thanx again,

Luqman

blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org schrieb am 30.10.01:
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Fabio Fracassi wrote:

> On Monday 29 October 2001 21:39, Marco Rinck wrote:
> > * Luqman Munawar <Luqman.m at web.de> [011029 20:04]:
> > > I see following error while I try to install NVidia driver for my Geforce
> > > 2 MX graphics card.
> > >
> > > I put in : rpm -ihv NVidia.xxxxxxx.rpm
> > > error message:  "error: failed dependencies:
> > >                   NVIDIA_GLX conflicts with mesasoft-3.4-7 "
> > >

> > > Actually, I have another nv driver installed which works fine but I want
> > > to switch to Geforce 2 MX driver bc it IS THE right driver for my video
> > > card.
> >
> > The reason for this message is because the NVIDIA usually conflicts
> > with an installed MESA because both packages have its own
> > implementation of OPENGL. Unfortunately some other packages are
> > depending on MESA even if its not needed.
>
> It is still needed, since nvidia implements only the libgl (and glx?) part,
> the applications still need libglu and libglut which come with mesa.
>
> Fabio

as fabio says Mesa is needed, as far as I know. Mesa comes with his own
glx.h and other headers under /usr/include/GL.
The nvidia drivers now have a own version of these header files again.
And if you should have trouble compiling  OpenGL applications
try to complie and install glut. the glut which comes with mesa
didn't work well for me!

greets daniel

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Keinen Jackpot mehr verpassen! Mit dem Dauerschein des WEB.DE Lottoservice.
Einfach und bequem Lotto tippen! http://tippen2.web.de/?x=4

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org