dependencies error with NVidia driver !!

Luqman Munawar Luqman.m at web.de
Tue Oct 30 05:23:21 PST 2001

thanx guys.. it is working now and it is great.

Actually, I am working in lfs but wanted to configure the video card driver on my host system..

thanx again,

Luqman

blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org schrieb am 30.10.01:
On Monday 29 October 2001 21:39, Marco Rinck wrote:
> * Luqman Munawar <Luqman.m at web.de> [011029 20:04]:
> > I see following error while I try to install NVidia driver for my Geforce
> > 2 MX graphics card.
> >
> > I put in : rpm -ihv NVidia.xxxxxxx.rpm
> > error message:  "error: failed dependencies:
> >                   NVIDIA_GLX conflicts with mesasoft-3.4-7 "
> >

> > Actually, I have another nv driver installed which works fine but I want
> > to switch to Geforce 2 MX driver bc it IS THE right driver for my video
> > card.
>
> The reason for this message is because the NVIDIA usually conflicts
> with an installed MESA because both packages have its own
> implementation of OPENGL. Unfortunately some other packages are
> depending on MESA even if its not needed.

It is still needed, since nvidia implements only the libgl (and glx?) part,
the applications still need libglu and libglut which come with mesa.

Fabio
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Lotto online tippen! Egal zu welcher Zeit, egal von welchem Ort.
Mit dem WEB.DE Lottoservice. http://tippen2.web.de/?x=13

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org