KDE and asla-driver sound

Gregory Davis gdavis7 at umbc.edu
Mon Oct 29 19:18:51 PST 2001

Chris Lingard wrote:

> I have just installed the asla stuff and believe that I can use it within
> KDE.
>
> Which packages of KDE do I need to re-compile?
>
> Chris

The best thing I have done so far is to let ./configure handle guessing it.
 As long as you setup your ALSA distribution to use OSS emulation (by using
their OSS mixer module), you should be fine.  Once you have everything
compiled, enter into the "sound server" setup, which is in "preferences" ->
"sound".  Change the server from whatever it was to alsa.  Sound should now
work.  If it doesn't, you probably installed ALSA wrong, forgot to make the
sound devices, or have the wrong permissions on the devices.

Greg

PS.  Use the 0.5.x series ALSA drivers
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org