KDE and asla-driver sound

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Mon Oct 29 14:38:58 PST 2001

Chris Lingard wrote:

> I have just installed the asla stuff and believe that I can use it within
> KDE.
>
> Which packages of KDE do I need to re-compile?

A quick search in my KDE-2.2 sources give that the configure script for
the following packages takes an ALSA switch:

bjorn at nex:/usr/src/kde-2.2> for i in /usr/src/kde-2.2/*-2.2; do cd $i;
echo $i;
./configure --help | grep alsa; cd ..; done
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdeaddons-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdeadmin-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdeartwork-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdebase-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdebindings-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdegames-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdegraphics-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdelibs-2.2
  --with-alsa             enable aRts ALSA support
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdemultimedia-2.2
  --with-alsa             use an alternative driver for GUS
                              alsa: ALSA pcm device
                              default|alsa|alib|nas|esd|wav|au|aiff|list
  --with-alsa-prefix=PFX  Prefix where Alsa library is
installed(optional)
  --with-alsa-inc-prefix=PFX  Prefix where include libraries are
(optional)
  --disable-alsatest      Do not try to compile and run a test Alsa
program
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdenetwork-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdepim-2.2
/usr/src/kde-2.2/kdetoys-2.2