Testers wanted for ide-floppy patch

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Mon Oct 29 13:12:49 PST 2001

> I have a patch to the ide-floppy driver, specific for the
> Iomega Zip 100
> ATAPI drive, that I'd like to see tested. The patch is for the driver
> 0.97.sv, which was released starting with the 2.4.7 kernel.

Would it work with a 250MB IDE Zip drive also?

> [...] My patch inserts a constant, but
> adjustable, delay before writing the packet command. By
> default, the delay
> is 3 ticks in duration (33-50 msec). The delay can be
> adjusted by writing
> the desired value in the settings file in the /proc filesystem.

Now to think of a way of auto testing to find and auto-configure the
"write" value  ;)

slight pun intended....

Seems like this must be a chipset specific issue, mine's on a BX board
and I don't remember having any issues other than lilo spitting out
errors al the time, even thou I'm not writing to it.  (mine is /dev/hda)

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org