dependencies error with NVidia driver !!

Daniel Balsiger dbalsige at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 29 12:13:13 PST 2001

hi

I have an old Nvidia TNT  (LFS-3.0/ Xfree4.1,mesa/glut) but it
seems to me there is only one NVidia-kernel-xxx  and one
NVidea_GLX-xxx package whichs supports all video
cards from nvidea (tnt up ..)

I recommend to install the newest drivers from a tar.gz
archive wich you can find on nvidia homepage.
make shure that you have a recent version of X11, Mesa and/or glut

by the way there is a mini-Howto about installing nvidia drivers on
linuxdoc.org. its worth to take a look. ;o)

greets daniel

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org