Saving permissions of devfs

Fernando Arbeiza arbeizaf at ono.com
Mon Oct 29 10:42:05 PST 2001

Hi,

I've just built again my LFS system but using devfs. I have not built
devfsd. Then, as I wanted to save the permissions from /dev files, I
adapted the bootscript that I found in the Documentation directory in
the kernel sources.

Well, here's a little question. The bootscript tries to save a file into
the directory /var/state. As that directory doesn't exist in an LFS
system, what's the best place to save that file?

Thanks in advance,
--
Fernando Arbeiza
Cantabria, Spain