Linux box on the LAN

Edward Pinski pinskie at physics.uc.edu
Mon Oct 29 05:08:49 PST 2001

Besides telling you not to use telnet, *coughs* insecure *coughs*, and
start using ssh, the reason why there isn't a inted.conf file anymore
because RH 7.1 uses xinetd now.  So go to /etc/xinetd.d/ and take a look
at wu-ftpd and the telnet file, and change disable = yes, to disable = no,
then reload xinetd by doing /etc/init.d/xinetd

Edward Pinski