New to blfs support and key question

ghovs ghovs at plex.nl
Mon Oct 29 04:36:01 PST 2001

On Monday 29 October 2001 18:11, you wrote:
>   hi,
>
>  I'm a new user of LFS.
>
>  First of all, Thank you for LFS and BLFS.
>
>  It's a real happyness creating a LFS ( It's like a baby ;-) and
> it's really worth the hours of compiling.

Yeah, they're cute aren't they, those irresistable LFS systems. :)

>  My LFS system is now booting in 10 seconds !
>
>  Everything is OK, exepting a very little problem :
>
>  I got my fr-latin1 azerty keyboard working, but some keys
> don't work :
>
>  The del key  ( but backspace is ok ).
>  The key that goes to end of line.
> ( I don't have the english name of this key )
>
>  And perhaps some Others I haven't seen by now.

Create a file called /etc/inputrc with the following content:

# home key - go to start of a line
"\e[1~": beginning-of-line
# end key - go to end of line
"\e[4~": end-of-line
# page up - go to first line in the command history
"\e[5~": beginning-of-history
# page down - go to last line in the command history
"\e[6~": end-of-history
# del key - delete to the -right- of the cursor
"\e[3~": delete-char

Then add this to /etc/profile:

export INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc

That should fix the keys above the cursor keys (the four arrows)

rgds,
Peter de Freitas
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org